Sunday, October 5, 2008

Apple Pickin

You know it is fall when it is time to hit the apple orchard. Off we went, with buckets in hand to our famous Lynd Fruit Farm. They have huge fields with so many apple trees and every type you can think of... I don't know how the trees stand - the branches were literally falling over with all of the apples on them. I helped them thin the harvest by siccing my kids on their trees.

Maggie's idea of apple picking is to try to sample each apple she picks and then putting them in her basket. We also had to show Ethan that the apples on the ground weren't supposed to be for us to take. After a few pointers, they seemed to get the hang of it...



Maggie and Ethan trying a sample of the bountiful harvest



I love this picture! I am a very lucky girl...





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a fun outing.

Nicole said...

How fun! The weather is so great! We need to get together some time, I can't wait for Emmi to meet Ethan and Maggie!

kitchu said...

Can you believe I'd never done this until I was with the Hoppes!? I know, right? Love the photos, Maggie's big smile made my night and that Ethan is just adorable :) I did, by the way, pull his square out- just need to get the wish done.

I'm pathetic that way.

Amie said...

stumbled onto your blog...

super cute pics. Love the apple eating smiley faces!

can you e-mail me, I have a quetion for you. :)
heartsmiles7@yahoo.com

Thanks!

:)
AMie
www.heart-smiles.blogspot.com