Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Cookies - according to Maggie


First, I have to mix the dough and put lots of flour on the board. Proceed to wipe my hands covered in flour onto Daddy's pants and my pants/shirt.











Then I roll out the dough. Insist on doing this step by myself, since I am 3 years old.















I use cookie cutters to cut out the shapes. Again, I need to do this by myself, as Mommy and Daddy don't know how to do this. My favorite cookie cutters are the candy cane and star.















I put the cookies on the cookie sheet and Mommy bakes the cookies for 6 minutes.














I let the cookies cool before frosting them. I try very hard not to eat the frosting directly from the bowl, but sometimes my willpower is not so strong. Hence, the red frosting around my mouth - which makes me look like The Joker.









I finish by putting sprinkles and sugar on the frosting. Somehow a good portion of the sprinkles end up directly in my mouth during this step - yummy in my tummy!

The final product!









Can we do this again tomorrow?

2 comments:

Snowflowers Mum said...

CUTE! We just made the ginerbread house..or should I say 'assembled'...it was a kit. Piper had fun even if Mummy was a bit of a control freak.

Good thing it's icing, it would have been wierd if it was lipstick!

day by day said...

We just did our Christmas cookies yesterday, also! And one of my little helpers had an awful lot of sprinkles going into her mouth as well. : )

Congratulations on the referral of your son. He is adorable!!

BTW-we are also a CCAI family.